American Airlines Federal Credit Union Awards 2014 Scholarships
FORT WORTH, Texas — For the last 10 years, American Airlines Credit Union has invested in the futures of its young member-owners by providing scholarship award opportunities for higher education. This year, out of more than 400 applicants, the Credit Union was pleased to award a total of 11 scholarships. Seven high school students and four college students each received $5,000 scholarships.
"This year’s recipients are such an outstanding group of young people that we expect amazing things from them in the future and we are proud to play a small part in funding their educational futures," said Lori Hall, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Member Services at American Airlines Credit Union.
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2014 American Airlines Credit Union Scholarship:
- Jamie Carini, of Catoosa, Okla., currently attends Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind., and is pursuing a doctorate in organ and sacred music.
- Jimmy Ding, of Flower Mound, Texas, will be attending the University of Texas at Austin, studying neuroscience.
- Monica Ho, of Kailua, Hawaii, will be attending the University of California in Los Angeles, to study biology.
- Ryan Hunt, of Aurora, Ill., will be attending the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kan., to study finance.
- Ross Liao, of Euless, Texas, is currently studying molecular and cellular biology at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md.
- Emily Marucci, of Dallas, Texas, will be attending the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Penn., to study psychology and marketing.
- Lindsey Mitchell, of Tulsa, Okla., currently attends Southern Adventist University in Collegedale, Tenn., and is pursuing an Interdisciplinary in global policy and communication.
- Sujata Narayana, of Flower Mound, Texas, currently attends the University of Texas at Austin and is studying electrical and computer engineering.
- Deepa Ramakrishnan, of Arlington, Texas, will be attending University of Southern California in Los Angeles to study business administration.
- Nathan Rebello, of Katy, Texas, will be attending University of Texas at Austin to study chemical engineering.
- Kevin Wang, of Hurst, Texas, will attend Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass., pursuing a degree in economics.
The 2015 American Airlines Credit Union Scholarship applications will be available in December 2014. To learn more about Credit Union Youth Programs, or to become a member-owner, call (800) 533-0035, visit AACreditUnionYouth.org, or visit your local Credit Union branch.
About American Airlines Federal Credit Union
Founded in 1936, American Airlines Credit Union now serves the present and retired employees of American Airlines, their family members and people who work in the air transportation industry. Now in its 78th year, the Credit Union has more than 242,000 members nationwide and assets in excess of $5.57 billion. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, American Airlines Credit Union is committed first and foremost to enriching its member-owners’ financial well-being through their participation in the products and services of the Credit Union. For more information, please visit www.AACreditUnion.org.